Employees of Sacramento County's Department of Human Assistance raise funds annually to award college scholarships to graduating high school seniors living in Sacramento County. This collaborative college scholarship program is available to encourage graduating seniors from low-income families to pursue an education at an accredited college, university, technical or trade school.
Deadline Postmark by Friday March 13th, 2020
Eligibility for scholarships is without regard to race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or political affiliation.
Employees of Sacramento County and their families, except for employees working in the Classification of student aide, are not eligible.
This scholarship is awarded each year to promote:
- Higher Education
- Economic Resilience
- Stronger Communities
Applications are available at all DHA Bureaus and the School/Counselor's Office.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Please answer all questions.
- All information will remain confidential and will not affect the household's
- Mail your application to:
DHA Scholarship Committee,
Sandra Espindola, AE70,
1725 28th Street
Sacramento, CA 95821
- Contact us by phone @
(916) 875-8223 Monday - Friday,
9am - 12pm or email your questions to Rosa Singh email@example.com
- All applications must include the following:
- Official sealed high school transcript(s). Copies will not be accepted.
- Two letters of recommendation from references who can comment on student's leadership/academic abilities (at least one must be from a teacher).
- Acceptance letter or proof of enrollment. Scholarship check will not be issued until proof of acceptance is provided.
- Essays must be typed and have at least 800 words.
- Students must title their essay and indicate the essay question they are answering.
- Applicant and parent/guardian must sign application.
- Application must be postmarked by Friday, March 13, 2020.
DHA Scholarship Program Income Limits 2019/2020 Tax Year
|# of Persons||INCOME LIMITS|
Posted income limits are based on Earned Income Tax Credit Limits and the 200% Federal Poverty Level Guidelines
|Add per person|
(All Criteria is Subject to Verification / Proof of Eligibility)
- Must be currently living in Sacramento Co.
- Must be a graduating high school senior from the class of 2020, entering a two-year or four-year accredited college, university, or technical/trade school.
- Must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of 2.5
- Must be on public assistance or low income. Submit current verification of public assistance or if not on public assistance, IRS tax form 1040 (2019).
USE OF SCHOLARSHIP:
The DHA Scholarship shall be applied toward educational expenses in any field of study at an accredited college, university, technical, or trade school.
- Incomplete application will NOT be accepted. Please answer ALL questions.
- All information will remain confidential and will not affect the household's financial assistance.
Fee Waiver Program
You may have potential entitlement to benefits under a program known as the College Fee Waiver Program.
For Veterans, please read the CA Fee Waiver Flyer or contact DHA Veterans Services for assistance at (916) 874-6811.