Sacramento County’s Department of Child, Family and Adult
Services provides resources and opportunities in a culturally responsive manner
to enhance the quality of life in our community by protecting, educating and
empowering children, families, dependent and older adults.
The Administration Division provides Budget, Contract, Procurement, Fiscal, Asset and Facility Management, Volunteer/Intern, Ombudsperson/Civil Rights Coordinator and QA support services to the Child Protective Services (CPS) and Senior and Adult Services (SAS) Divisions of the Department. It is our collective goal to honor our Mission and Values statements listed below and to strive for excellence and efficiency in this new collaboration of administrative professionals that is now the Administration Office of the Department of Child, Family and Adult Services.
Our Mission and Values
- We provide administrative support for the County employees who help to provide health and social services to the families and seniors of the Sacramento Community.
- We direct resources toward creative strategies and programs that prevent problems, improve well-being, and increase access to services for individuals and families.
- To further our mission, we seek close working relationships among staff, with other government offices, and within the community.
To pursue this mission, we will strive:
- To understand that the Department of Child, Family and Adult Services exists to serve the people of Sacramento County.
- To develop and maintain programs which reflect community diversity and are the most responsive and cost effective.
- To value County staff by treating them with dignity, respect, and fairness and by promoting their safety and welfare.
- To appreciate the multicultural and experiential diversity of employees and the community as a whole.
- To enable employees to perform to their fullest potential by providing the necessary resources to accomplish objectives.
- To create a service environment that removes obstacles, promotes innovation, and maximizes productivity.
- To build a cohesive team committed to integrity, honesty, creativity, humor, competence, accountability, and communication.
- To plan for inevitable change.